This outline of tour conditions represents part of the terms of transaction stipulated in Article 12-4 of the Travel Agency Law, and the contract specifying services rendered for travel and other matters as stated in Article 12-5 of the above mentioned law．
1．Contract for Agent-Organized Tours
- 1. Responsibility rests with the company oerating Agent-Organized Tours, Hokkaido Optional
Tours, hereinafter referred to as HOT. The name in full appears in te tour pamphlets.
Clients joining such tours shall conclude an Agent-Organized Tour Contract ,here in after referred
to as the Travel Contract with HOT.
Hokkaido Optional Tours Co., Ltd
Address: First floor of Sapporo TV Tower Odori Nishi-1 Chuo-ku Sapporo 060-0042 Governor of Hokkaido Registered Travel Agency No. 2-626
- 2. The content and conditions of the contract shall conform to those specified for each tour itinerary, conditions as specified hereunder, the final itinerary handed to clients before departure, hereinafter referred to as the "Final Tour Itinerary", and Agent-Organized Tours as described in HOT's general terms and conditions as based on the Travel Agency Law, hereinafter referred to as "General Terms and Conditions of Agent Organized Tours".
2. Application for Agent-Organized Tour Contracts and their Conclusion
- 1. The client shall provide on the HOT application form information as required by HOT and submit
the form together with the necessary reservation deposit below or the total of tour fare. Said deposit
shall be applied to the tour fare, cancellation charges or penalties.
TOUR FARE DEPOSIT(per person) 20,000 Yen and fewer 5,000 Yen and more 20,000 Yen and more - 50,000Yen and fewer 10,000 Yen and more 50,000 Yen and more - 100,000 Yen and fewer 20,000 Yen and more 100,000 Yen and more 20 % of tour fare and more
- 2. HOT may accept applications for travel contracts by telephone, mail, facsimile and other means of communication. In such cases, the client shall submit the application form and reservation deposit to HOT within 3 days counting from the day after acceptance of application is confirmed. If the client fails to supply the required application form and deposit within 3 days, the reservation shall be voided.
- 3. The Travel Contract shall become valid upon HOT's consent to the conclusion of the contract and receipt of the reservation deposit.
- 4. The client shall notify HOT when submitting application if requiring special consideration during the tour period, HOT shall comply with such requests when feasible.
3．Special Conditions of Tour Application
- 1. A client under 20 years of age and traveling alone during the tour period shall provide HOT with written consent of his/her guardian. Clients under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- 2. HOT may refuse an application if the client's age, qualifications, skills and other conditions do not conform to those designated for tours aimed at specific customer categories or purposes.
- 3. Clients who require special attention from HOT during the tour for reason of chronic disease, general ill-health, pregnancy or physical handicap, shall advise HOT of this when applying for the tour. HOT shall comply with such requests to the extent deemed feasible and reasonable. In such cases, HOT may require clients to present a medical certificate. HOT may refuse a client's application if conditions at travel destinations and facilities are such that safe, smooth tour operation cannot be guaranteed, or require the client to be accompanied by an escort.
- 4. If HOT determines that the client needs medical diagnosis or treatment by a physician owing to illness, functional disease or other reasons during the tour, HOT shall take measures necessary to ensure smooth operation of the tour. All costs resulting from such measures shall be borne by the client.
- 5. Independent activities for reasons of the client's own choosing shall not be arranged by HOT during the tour. However, HOT may, depending on the tour course, arrange such activities under separate conditions.
- 6. HOT may refuse client participation if it determines that he or she threatens to embarrass, inconvenience or interfere with the collective activities of tour participants.
- 7. HOT may also refuse client participation in the tour operational reasons.
4．Contract Document and Final Tour Itinerary
- 1. After the client has entered into a Tour Contract with HOT as stipulated in Articles 2 & 3 above, the brochures and the tour conditions listed herein shall be included in the Travel Contract.
- 2. Unless specified in the Travel Contract, HOT shall immediately submit a written tour contract stating tour itinerary, details of the services, other tour conditions and HOT responsibility to the clients, no later than one day prior to tour departure date. Irrespective of the above, when application for the Agent-Organized Tour is made on or after 7 days prior to the eve of tour departure, the Final Tour Itinerary shall be presented to the client by the departure date.
- 3. The scope of travel services for which HOT is liable in arranging and administering the itinerary
shall be specified in the Travel Contract as stated in Paragraph 1. mentioned above and in the Final
Tour Itinerary as stipulated in Paragraph 2. mentioned above.
5．Payment of Tour Fare
- Payment of tour fare in fuu must be made prior to the departure time. A travel contract is deemed to be concluded and become effective upon receipt of fuu payment.
6. Amount of Tour Fare
- 1. Clients 12 years of age or more shall be charged adult fare and those aged 6 to 11 shall be charged child fare unless otherwise specified. However, when a tour includes air travel, persons aged 3 to 5 will be charged the infant fare.
- 2. The fare is indicated for each tour course. Clients are asked to confirm the fare according to the departure date and the number of participants.
7．Included in the Tour Fare
- The following items specified in the pamphlet are included
Sightseeing & Transfers by motor coach basically on a seat-sharing basis
Accommodations specified in each itinerary
Meals Only the meals specified in each itinerary
Sightseeing fee entrance fee specified in each itinerary/
No tour conductors & guides will be provided. An operation assistant will be provided for course with Multilingual Guided System. An operation assistant does not work as a guide,an interpreter or a tour conductor.
Consumer tax and other taxes
Other expenses specified in each itinerary
Note: HOT will not make refunds for the above fare even if clients choose not to use the relevant services.
8．Not Included in the Tour FareCharges and expenses other than those specified in the preceding article7, such as :
- 1. Laundry, telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of personal nature. Entrance fees & expenses of transportation in places where
- 2. Entrance fees and expenses of transportation in spots where an itinerary explains "free time activities" "free visit" "extra money" and "at client's expense"
- 3. Optional tours
- 4. Any other expenses, not mentioned in the itinerary.
9．Revision of Contents of Travel ServicesHOT may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, cancel the tour or revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons : natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original operational plan, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond HOT control. HOT reserves the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation according to the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when there is valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue. In such cases, HOT must explain in a timely manner its inability to function according to the Travel Contract under the circumstances. However, said explanation may be made after revisions are made when conditions demand.
10．Change of Tour Fare
- 1. HOT may revise its schedule of fees in accordance with increases or reductions of transport fares and/or charges for Agent-Organized Tour owing to unusual or unforeseen economic developments. In such cases, HOT shall notify the client no later than the 16th day prior to the eve of departure.
- 2. HOT may, when tour operational costs have risen owing to factors as stipulated in Article 10 above, revise the tour fare accordingly, except when substitutions are required because of a shortage of such facilities, as transport seats, hotel rooms, etc.
- 3. In the event travel costs decrease, HOT shall reduce the tour fare accordingly.
11.Change of Tour Participants
- 1. A client who has entered into a Travel Contract may, with HOT consent, transfer the status in the contract to a third party. In this case, the clients shall enter the required information in the form provided by HOT and submit it together with the specified handling fee.
- 2. The transfer of status in the contract to a third party as stipulated in Item 1. of this Article shall become valid by the consent of HOT.
12．Cancellation of Travel Contract by the Client
- 1. The client is at all times entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay HOT a cancellation
charge as stipulated in the list below.
The date of cancellation falls on the day when the client requests the cancellation during HOT's
Time of cancellation Cancellation Charge Tour except 1 Day Tour 1 Day Tour (1) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT 21 or more days prior to the starting
date of the tour
No Charge No Charge (2) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT 20 days to 11 days prior to the starting
date of the tour
20% of the tour fare No Charge (3)If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT 10 days to 8 days prior to the starting
date of the tour
20% of the tour fare 20% of the tour fare (4) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT 7 days to 2 days prior to the starting
date of the tour
30% of the tour fare 30% of the tour fare (4) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT 7 days to 2 days prior to the starting
date of the tour
40% of the tour fare 40% of the tour fare (6) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT prior to the starting time of the tour.
50% of the tour fare 50% of the tour fare (7) If notice of cancellation is received by
HOT after day of departure, or In case of
failure to show without notice
100% of the tour fare 100% of the tour fare
- 2. If the client changes the departure day or any transportation/accommodations for his or her convenience, HOT shall consider it the entire tour to be cancelled and the specified cancellation charges will be levied on the client.
- 3. In any of the following cases, the client may cancel the Travel Contract without paying a cancellation
- a. When the contents of the Travel Contract have been substantially revised. When the tour fare is increased in accordance with the provisions of Article 10.
- b. In cases where natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of 6 services related to transportation, accommodation and other facilities, governmental orders, or other causes make safe, smooth tour operation impossible, or when there is a valid reason to believe the tour cannot continue.
- c. When HOT has not delivered the Final Tour Itinerary to the client by the prescribed date.
- d. When tour operation becomes impossible owing to factors for which HOT is liable.
13．Cancellation of Travel Contracts and Tour Operation by HOT
- Cancellation Before Departure
- 1. In any of the following cases, HOT may cancel the Travel Contract.
- a. When it becomes evident that the client does not satisfy the sex, age, qualification, skill or other requirements specified by HOT for participation in the tour.
- b. When the client is recognized as unfit to join the tour owing to illness or for other reasons.
- c. When there is evidence that the client threatens to cause other participants embarrassment or inconvenience, or might otherwise interfere with the smooth performance of the collective activities of the tour.
- d. When the client demands things that are beyond the reasonable scope of the details in the contract.
- e. When the minimum number of participants as stipulated by HOT in the Travel Contract has not been met. In such cases, HOT shall notify the client of tour cancellation no later than 13th day(3rd day for a one-day tour)prior to the eve of departure.
- f. When the necessary conditions as clearly stated at the conclusion of the Travel Contract cannot materialize, such as insufficient snowfall for ski tours, or when there is valid reason to believe that the required conditions cannot be met.
- g. In the event of a natural calamity or disaster, poor weather conditions, civil disturbance, suspension of services related to transportation, accommodations, etc., governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond HOT control, and when safe, and smooth tour operation according to the itinerary specified in the Travel Contract has become impossible, or there is a valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue.
- h. Even after the correspondence contract has been concluded, if HOT cannot receive the amount specified for the tour fare due to invalidity of the client's credit card or in accordance with the credit company's agreement.
- 2. If the client has not paid the tour fare by the prescribed date, HOT may cancel the Travel Contract. In such cases, the clients shall pay HOT the applicable cancellation charge.
- Cancellation After Departure
- 1. HOT may cancel the Travel Contract for tours after the departure date in the following cases:
- a. When the client is unable to continue the tour owing to illness or other factors.
- b. When the client seem to disturb the order of collective activities of tour participants 7 by negligence of instruction from tour conductor or violent deeds or menace towards these people or those accompanying them, which otherwise Jeopardizes safety, smooth tour operation.
- c. When the tour cannot continue owing to natural disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, labor disputes, suspension of services by transportation or accommodation facilities, governmental orders, or other causes beyond HOT control.
- 2. Effect of cancellation and refund:
If HOT cancels the Tour Contract in accordance with the Provision 2. (1) Mentioned above, travel services rendered to the client shall be deemed as having been completed, and a refund from the tour fare shall be paid for services not yet rendered. In cases where travel services are not rendered owing to tour cessation, or services for which HOT has paid (or will pay) expenses, cancellation charge, penalty, or etc., HOT will refund only the balance thereof.
- 3. When HOT cancels the Travel Contract for tours in accordance with the Provision 2. 2)-a)and c)mentioned above, HOT shall, at the client's expense, make necessary arrangements as requested for return to point of departure.
14．Refund of Travel CostsShould HOT incur any liability to pay a refund to a client, such as a tour fare reduction in accordance with Article 10, and if either the client or HOT has canceled the Tour Contract in accordance with Articles 12 through 15, HOT shall make said refund within 7 days from the day following cancellation when effecting refund before tour departure, and within 30 days, counting the day after the tour ends, as stipulated in the contract, in cases when reduction or cancellation occur after tour departure. However, should there be any expenses as cancellation charges, penalties, etc. which HOT has already paid or will have to pay for services not provided because of tour cancellation, said expenses shall be borne by the client.
- 1. HOT shall make efforts to ensure the client's safe and smooth traveling and shall not provide the services listed below for the client, except when HOT and the client have concluded the special contract to provide such services.
- 2. When HOT confirms that the client may be not able to receive the specified tour services during the tour, HOT shall take all necessary measures to ensure that the client will receive tour service as specified in the Travel Contract.
- 3. When HOT must change details of the contract even after taking measures for unforeseen changes as specified in(1), HOT shall arrange alternative services. HOT shall make every effort to create a revised tour itinerary to serve the purpose of the original one.
16．Liability of HOT and Exemptions
- 1. In performing its obligations under the terms of its Tour Contract, should HOT cause damage to the client through willful negligence or fault, HOT shall be liable for such damages.However, this only applies if the damage report is made within 2 years reckoned from the day following the occurrence of the damage.
- 2. HOT shall not be liable for damages incurred by clients as stipulated in Provision 1. hereinabove if any of the following reasons apply :
- [a] Natural disaster, war, civil unrest, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such causes.
- [b] Accidents during transportation or accommodations, damage by fire.
- [c] Cessation of services related to transportation or accommodation facilities, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes.
- [d] Orders of either Japanese or foreign governments, immigration regulations, isolation resulting from infectious diseases, and tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes.
- [e] Accidents occurring during the client's free activities.
- [f] Food poisoning.
- [g] Theft.
- [h] Delays, stoppages, changes of schedule and route in relation to transportation facilities, and tour itinerary alterations and/or shortened stays at destinations owing to such reasons
- 3. HOT shall compensate for damage to baggage as stated above, provided that said damage is reported within 14 days counting from the day after the occurrence, up to a maximum of 150,000 yen per person. Not applicable when damage is caused intentionally by HOT or through serious negligence.
17．Liability of Client
- 1. HOT shall require the client to indemnify HOT for losses sustained owing to a client's willful negligence, fault, conduct against public order and good manners, or breach of provisions in the HOT Organized Tour Contract.
- 2. The client is required to make every effort to utilize information acquired from HOT and to understand the details of his/her rights/responsibilities as well as the details of tour conditions.
- 3. After the start of the tour, if a client should find that the tour service provided is different from that specified in the tour contract, the client is required to report the discrepancy to HOT or Arrangement Agents for HOT or Tour Service Providers immediately.
- Regardless of whether or not HOT assumes liability, HOT shall pay compensation and monetary 9 tokens of sympathy ,as specified under the special provisions of the General Terms and Conditions of HOT Organized Tours Contract for the death or certain damages to body incurred by the clients in the course of the organized tour. In case of HOT assuming liability for damages under the provisions in the forementioned paragraph,the amount to be paid thereunder shall be reduced by the amount equal to the compensation paid by HOT under the provision of the special compensation. HOT reserves the right to cancel or alter the travel contract pursuant to its General Terms and Conditions for tours.
19．Itinerary Booking Guarantee
- 1. Should major changes occur in Travel Contract contents as stated in the lefthand column of the following table(except for changes mentioned in the 1)through 3)below, HOT shall calculate the change compensation money by multiplying tour fares by the rate indicated in the righthand column of the table, and make refund to the client within 30 days counting from the day after the tour ends. However, if it is evident that liability as set forth in 1. of Article 16 occurs owing to said changes, HOT shall pay the amount not as compensation for changes but as either a portion or total amount of indemnification for damages.
-  HOT shall not pay compensation for changes when they occur for the following reasons(however, compensation shall be paid in the event of shortage, even when services are provided, such as for seats, rooms and other facilities)
- a． Bad weather and natural disasters which hinder the tour itinerary.
- b． War.
- c． Civil unrest.
- d． Governmental orders.
- e． Suspension of services involving transportation, accommodations, etc., such as cancellation, interruption, cessation, etc.
- f． Provision of transport services different from the original schedule, owing to delays or changes in operation schedules.
- g． Necessary measures to prevent tour participant death or bodily harm.
-  Should cancellation in the Tour Contract be made in accordance with Articles 11,12 and should changes occur in such canceled portions, HOT shall not pay compensation.
-  Even if major changes occur in Tour Contract contents, as stated in the lefthand column of the following table, HOT shall not pay compensation if they are changes in the Final Tour Itinerary, and the changes are within the scope of services stated in tour brochures.
- 2. Regardless of Item 1. hereinabove, the maximum amount of compensation for changes paid by HOT under one organized Tour Contract shall be the tour fare multiplied by 15%. This money will not be paid, however, if the total amount is less than 1,000 yen.
- 3. If, after HOT has compensated for changes made in accordance with Provision 1. hereinabove, it becomes evident that HOT is responsible for the changes as stated in Article 19, Provision 1., HOT shall pay the client for the damages mentioned in Article 19 after deducting the sum already paid under the terms of Provision 1. hereinabove.
- 4. When the situation warrants, HOT shall indemnify the client by offering economic benefits equivalent to compensation money, or damage indemnification instead of cash payment, if the client so agrees.
|CHANGES FOR WHICH HOT SHALL PAY COMPENSATION||Amount of compensation for changes
Tour fare times the following percentage per incident
|If the client is notified
by the day prior to start
|If the client is
notified after start of
|(1) Change in tour departure or termination
date specified in tour brochures:
|(2) Changes in destination or entry to
tourist spots and/or facilities (including
restaurants) stated in tour brochures
|(3) Changes in grade or equipment of
transport facilities as stated in tour
brochures to those of lower cost (only when
the total price after change becomes less
than stated in the Tour Contract.):
|(4) Changes in transport vehicles or of the
company operating them as stated in Tour
|(5)Changes in flights or the name of the
departure airport or arrival airport in
|(6) Change in accommodation facilities or
the name of the company operating them as
stated in tour brochures:
|(7) Change in type of rooms at hotels, etc.,
their facilities, or view as stated in tour
|(8) Regarding changes in items (1) through
(7), above as relating to the tour title in
brochures, these rates shall apply instead of
those for the above items
|Note: 1: "One lncident" represents onetrain ride, one automobile ride or one ship ride in case of
transportation; one overnight stay in case of accommodations; and one change in each of the
applicable items involving other services. 2: If multiple changes as stated in (4) to (6) above
occur during one train, automobile or ship ride, or one overnight stay, they will be regarded as
a single alteration. 3: Only one rate shall apply for changes as stated in (7) as above.
20．Correspondence ContractWhen we receive an application from a credit cardholder(hereinafter referred to as a "member")of a credit company we deal with, based on the conditions of "receiving payment of travel charges, cancellation fees, etc., without the signature of the member " (hereinafter referred to as a correspondence contract), the travel conditions are different from the ordinary travel conditions in the following points: A contract shall be based on "travel business-related stipulations that are used for conclusion of a travel contract by Correspondence means contract." A contract shall be concluded at the time when we consent in the case of application by telephone, and when we issue a notification of our consent in the case of other communications means. At the time of application, information of the "member number, card expiration date," etc., shall be provided.A " card usage date" shall be the day of payment or repayment of travel charge, etc. The card usage date for travel charges shall be the "date when a contract is concluded." The card usage date for cancellations fees shall be "the day cancellation of a contract is requested(when a request for cancellation is made on or after the card usage date for travel charges, repayment shall be made within seven days from the day after the request." When payment cannot be made using the credit card a member applies with due to a credit reason, etc., we shall cancel the Correspondence Contract, and be entitled to the same amount as the cancellation fees mentioned in the above, as payment for damage caused by a breach of contract. However, this shall not apply if travel charges are paid in cash by a date we designate separately.
21．Privacy PoliciesHOT will use the personal information provided in the tour application forms only for communicating with clients and for arranging transportation and accommodations to provide the services request by the client.
22．Standard of Tour Conditions and FaresAll the tour fares are effective from Mar.01,2013 to Oct.31,2013 unless otherwise specified in the tour description.
- 1. The client shall pay the expenses incurred when he or she asks for the personal accompaniment of a tour conductor for such purposes as guiding shopping, etc., costs arising from client injury or illness, the return of lost baggage or articles left behind owing to personal negligence, as well as changes incurred by independent activity.
- 2. The client shall accept all responsibility for decisions regarding individual purchases at souvenir shops even when said shops are introduced by HOT or its local tour operators.
- Other matters are subject to the HOT Travel Contract, including related tour documents presented separately.
- 3. This Travel Contract between the client and HOT shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- 4. These tour conditions represent the English translation of part of the General Terms and Conditions of the Hokkaido Optional Tours Organized Tour Contract as approved by Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
- 5. The original text was written in Japanese. The English translation has been prepared by Hokkaido Optional Tours. If any discrepancies should arise between the Japanese and English texts, the former shall prevail at all times.